Welcome to Discovery Elementary Internet Safety!
Computers and networks can provide access to resources within and outside the school district, as well as the ability to communicate with other users worldwide. Such open access is a privilege, and requires that individual users act responsibly. The Uintah Computer Network is filtered through the Utah Education Network and does not allow access to inappropriate web sites. Regardless of how sophisticated a filter system is the ultimate responsibility for safe use of the internet resides with the user. Users must respect the integrity of the systems and observe all relevant laws, regulations and district policies regarding computer use.
Uintah County Schools District Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) All Uintah County School District staff and students are required to follow the Acceptable Use Policy when accessing computers or networked applications in school buildings. To read the AUP, click here
Internet Safety Tips for Students:
- Keep your passwords private; do not share them with friends.
- Use only your log-in name and/or e-mail address when chatting or sending e-mail.
- Never give out personal information like your name, address, or phone number.
- Don’t share photos of yourself, your family, or your home without your parents permission.
- Always delete unknown e-mail attachments without opening them.
- If a person writes something that is mean or makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t respond. Tell an adult.
- Remember that nothing you write on the Web is completely private — including e-mail.
Internet Safety Resources
Clipart provided by Classroomclipart